Sunday, April 29, 2012

MORNING CHORE SETTER

It was another hot summer morning which had led me to take the shelter of an autorickshaw to take me to office. The auto ride sheltered me from the heat and also ensured a light breeze ruffled my hairline giving me the sense of rejuvenation. The quick ride led me to stride in well before time. Settling down under the fan near the entrance, I was taking a quick glance at some editorials of the leading print media houses when I was accosted by a young man. As I addressed his queries, I learnt that he had also chosen the early route only to be pleasantly surprised by someone at office. Soon a colleague of mine dropped in and sought my assistance in the drafting of a correspondence. As I dictated the same, the young man watched the scrawl in Pitman's being written with ease. By the end of the letter, it was clear that he had be blown over by the quick disposal of the matter. He slowly took over the table for discussing my prospects of being a writer. Little did the young one know that the visitors of this site have already suffered enough and are pleading for relief. Playing on the words, I told him that creative writing was different from the mundane official correspondence. This did not deter him in the least and he chided me for not realising that an inherent talent would be lost. Promising to myself that it would form part of my blog, I told him that a sincere effort would be made to allow him to start the day on a more positive note. Days have passed and no clear idea of writing even made a remote swipe at me leaving me with this incident to be placed innocuously on the blog. Any takers for the young man's fancy?

1 comment:

Sudhi The quest said...

Sirji.. the wordsmith you are .. you weave the words with ease coupled with clarity of thoughts with a perception you believe in. Do justice to that young man. write more . take time for yourself :)